Monday, June 22, 2009

You could have learned alot from your

You could have learned alot from your

Daddy! I sit here realizing that I could have gotten away with a bunch of nonsense when I was younger. All I had to do was sit at the dinner table and ask for it. I realize it now, because my oldest asked if he could go race with his racetrack and my wife immediately said, "Not until you eat your dinner!" So he ate his dinner and is now racing.

Well, I remember the same scenario when I was younger, but what I didn't realize is that I could have asked for anything.

Example 1: Hey dad, can I go to my girlfriends house, her parents aren't in town and her older sister is smoking hot.

Usual response would have been, "Not until you eat your dinner!"

Example 2: Hey dad, can I go to the nudy bar?

Usual response would have been, "Not until you eat your dinner!"

The list is endless:)

Tonight I asked my wife if I could go play 18 holes of golf after dinner......you just think you know what the usual response was don't you. If you guessed something like this:

"Unload the canoe and beach stuff from the car. Give both boys a bath and put the oldest down for bed. Clean up after dinner and take out the trash. Then if you have time, by all means go have fun."

Then you would be right.

Well, needless to say I am sitting here writing a post, because I think it is funny and I want to help educate all those savvy young investors that think this doesn't help them.

Realize this, when your younger, all you have to do is pound some tuna casserole. When your older, the responsibility grows.

Hence, if you are young, the consequences of investing don't seem too terrible, but just wait until you get older and have kids and a wife....maybe even grandkids and see what it means to drop 40% of your investments in one year. Talk about having your juevos shrink up.

Moral of the story, be smart about your positions and by all means ask for alot when your younger. I bet as soon as you take the jump, the net will appear.

No comments: